- YES! Magazine, "Veterans Push Back Against Military Recruitment in Schools"
- Current Affairs, "The “Uber-ification” of Teaching Will Destroy Public Education"
- Rethinking Schools, "Fatphobia Showed Up in My Classroom. Here's What I Wish I Had Done Differently."
- YES! Magazine, "To Transform Work, Start With School"
- The Washington Post, "Answer Sheet" "Why teachers should stop trying to hide their emotions in school"
- BRIGHT Magazine:
- "In Classroom Discipline, a Softer Approach is Harder Than it Looks"
- "A Haircut with a Side of Harry Potter"
- "Here's a Way to Help Teachers"
- "'He's Going to Send All the Black People Back to Africa': A classroom reacts to the presidential election"
- "Should Teachers Talk Trump in Class?"
- Brooklyn Magazine, "The Troublemaker: Zetta Elliott and the Future of Children's Literature"
I have written dozens of episodes for the podcast "History Daily" including:
- "Kristallnacht - The Nazis' 'Night of Broken Glass'"
- "The Camilla Massacre"
- "The CIA Overthrows the Guatemalan Government
- "The Disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370"
- "Hurricane Katrina Floods New Orleans"
- "The Signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act"
- "The Birth of the Tuskegee Airmen"
- "Cassius Clay Becomes Heavyweight Champion of the World"
- "Jewish environmental organizations help Jews cope with ‘climate anxiety’"
- "A Jewish nonprofit is changing the way a Florida city responds to 911 calls"
- US News & World Report: